An internal medicine expert is also called an internist. Internists apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to diagnose, treat and care for adults for a variety of health complications and illnesses. They spend about three years of medical school and postgraduate training focusing on learning how to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases that affect mainly adults. Many internists are often involved in helping other doctors solve diagnostic problems for complex conditions.
Doctors of internal medicine should not be confused with general practitioners because they do not solely concentrate on the treatment of adults. General practitioner training may include surgery, pediatrics and obstetrics among other subspecialty areas.
Internal medicine Cary experts are trained to deal with whatever issue the patient may bring forth whether common, rare, simple or complicated. They are particularly good at solving difficult or confusing diagnostic problems. They are also quite often called upon to handle severe chronic diseases and conditions, especially where several different illnesses strike and individual all at the same time. As an adult, an internal medicine expert is the ideal professional to talk to about understanding wellness, promoting your health and preventing disease.
Internists care for life and you can find them almost anywhere in the clinic, in their offices, during hospitalization, in nursing homes and in intensive care. The work closely with other medical professionals such as surgeons to coordinate patient care especially when managing difficult conditions.
There are some areas of sub-specialization for internal medicine experts in Cary NC. There are thirteen areas of internal medicine where an internist can specialize besides general internal medicine. They include:
- Cardiologists specialize in managing conditions affecting the heart and blood vessels
- Gastroenterologists specialize in the study of conditions affecting the digestive system
- Endocrinologists manage conditions that result from or lead to hormone imbalance
- Allergy and immunology doctors diagnose and treat conditions that are related to allergic reactions, hypersensitivity and immunity
- Adolescent medicine doctors
- Hematologists specialize in conditions affecting the blood
- Infectious diseases doctors
- Nephrologists specialize in illnesses affecting the kidneys
- Pulmonologists treat conditions affecting the lungs
- Oncologists specialize in the treatment and management of a variety of cancers
- Rheumatologists- These doctors treat Arthritis conditions
- Sports medicine doctors who specialize on diagnosing and treating conditions that affect athletes or result from sports injuries
Looking for an experienced internist in Cary NC? Get in touch with us here at Triangle Doctor. We are led by Dr. Parikh, a practicing internist who is equipped to deal with whatever problem a patient brings — no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex. Call us today!
Leave a Reply