Dr. Parikh is well versed in weight control. Obesity means an excess fat range in the body. There is always an optimal weight for every age and gender.
Morbid obesity is a condition wherein people are overweight by 45 kilos to what is normal for their age and sex. The prevalence of obesity has grown dramatically because the mid seventies particularly in the developed countries. In fact, obesity has gotten so wild that more kids and teenagers are heavy nowadays than ever before.
Weight Loss For Your Health
Obesity is not just a cosmetic consideration. This is a medical condition that can cause additional health risks. It can lead to: –
- High blood pressure
- Heart disorders like coronary heart diseases (CHD)
- Sleep apnea plus other respiratory troubles
- Increased hazards for several cancerous conditions in men and women.
Symptoms and Identification
The world health organization (WHO) has categorized obesity as a metabolic disorder. When other health conditions worsen due to obesity often overweight people approach their doctors.
Indications and symptoms that indicate its time to tackle obesity are:
- Your diabetes doesn’t decrease inspite of medications and you’re overweight.
- You have trouble conceiving. Impotence and infertility are conditions worsened by obesity.
- The menstrual cycles are now irregular. You either have them too often or they seem to be diminishing in flow and appear later than common.
- You have recently developed high blood pressure or your existing high pressures aren’t reacting well to medications.
- Off-late you suffer from increased daytime sleepiness. Possibilities are you may suffer from sleep apnea.
- Obesity raises chances of skin diseases. Fungal infections are normal in skin folds of the abdomen, torso and lower limbs.
- Obesity could result in many chemical changes in the body.
- The weight bearing joints of the body -> back bones, knees, ankles etc. can suffer from joint inflammation (osteoarthritis). Pains in the back and knee are typical disorders associated with obesity.
Dietary Life style changes
Excessive calories consumed end-up being stored as fat. An excellent diet plan must have foods full of nutritive value and low in empty calories. Give up the notion of starving yourself. Crash diets rarely remedy the problem.
Instead, it’s important to strive to eat more of the appropriate foods. The realistic approach is to achieve a “healthier weight” and not what is touted as the “ideal weight”. Do not avoid carbohydrates -> have less of simple carbs (sugars) and consume more of complex carbohydrates. Most naturally occurring complex carbs provide adequate minerals and vitamins for energy creation. Wheatgerm, bran, oats, cornmeal, maize, buckwheat and barley are all excellent sources of complex carbs. These foods are best had as they are that is in their natural states.
Make an appointment with Dr. Parikh for the best professional weight control advice, today!