What makes for an ideal physician? Here are just of the most common traits patients need from a good primary care doctor.
2. Active Listener
There’s no one-size-fits-all treatment plan. That’s why it is important to be totally honest with your doctor ad tell him or her if a certain drug or treatment plan is not working for you. For instance, if your doctor prescribes you to take an antibiotic a couple times a day for the next week and that doesn’t fit into your lifestyle, your doctor should suggest an alternative option. A physician who is an active listener could offer an alternative treatment plan that works for you.
3. Coordinator of Your Care
Your primary care doctor is the one responsible for your overall medical care. This means they should:
- Coordinate with any specialists if ever they are not the best person to be involved in your health plan
- Make sure you’re following up appropriately
- Make sure your preventive care is done on time. This includes disease screenings, physicals, vaccinations, etc.
Aside from these qualities here are some other traits/characteristics that make a doctor an ideal healthcare provider:
- Confident: He should show confidence in whatever he/she says to give patients confidence too
- Empathetic: A good doctor will try to understand what the patient is feeling and experiencing, physically and emotionally, and communicates well.
- Humane: Everybody wants a caring, compassionate, and kind physician.
- Personal: It’s great to see doctors who are interested in you more than just as a patient. He or she interacts with you and remembers you as an individual.
- Forthright: A good physician knows how to explain complicated things in plain language and in a forthright manner.
- Respectful: Does your doctor take your input seriously and works with you? Then that’s a good primary care doctor.
Looking for a trusted primary care doctor in Raleigh? Book a schedule with Triangle Doctor today! Click here for more info.
Leave a Reply